Okay, anybody that’s spent more than ten minutes studying astrology knows Venus represents the inner Female we all have in us, and it also describes our approach to romantic relationships. A little more work, and you’ll get to how her style changes depending on what sign the Lady happens to be occupying. Easy-peasy, yes? What about retrogrades, then?
The usual thumbnail description is that the energies of the planet become reversed, and things go haywire, but that’s a radical oversimplification of the occurrence, based on my 20-plus years of reading charts, and it also doesn’t take into account the fact that Lady Morningstar speaks louder to some of us than others.
Those of us born with Venus in its Rulership signs of Taurus or Libra, its Exalted sign of Pisces, and those born with her Debilitated in Scorpio or Aries all have a more elaborate and complicated a relationship with the Lady, (and in all honesty, I’ll admit to some bias here, I’ve got Venus in Taurus, so I’m a little biased) and so we should pay particular attention to when the Lady’s going Retrograde.
This particular Retrograde period, when the Lady’s looking to us as if she’s back in the mysterious and driven Scorpio, is complicated for everyone, since she’s looking like she’s in her Debility sign, so everyone’s looking around for hidden messages and complicated motives under every rock and fallen piece of detritus, but we’re all missing the completely obvious things right in front of us, or we’re seeing messages and signs where they don’t exist, it’s all just an illusion that we’re prone to falling into right now.
And just to make the whole thing even more fun, Mars is also in Scorpio right now, meaning that the inner Male voice is speaking from the same place, encouraging taking subtle actions, so we’re all putting out the subtext and trying to take in the subtext of others, but the wires are getting seriously crossed, so it’s probably not the best time of year to figure out whether your new love interest is trying to be subtle, and definitely not the right time to make emotion-driven decisions.
Best advice for this period? Try being LESS subtle, and instead of trying to intuit or guess at what messages everyone’s sending out in the field of romance, just go for the blunt approach and flat out ASK what the speaker’s saying, because metaphorically speaking we’re all trying to send out subtle hints and cues, but our ability to INTERPRET what’s being said to us is going seriously astray, and we’re reading too deeply into what we THINK we’re seeing and we’re inclined to operate on that interpretation instead of directly questioning the speaker’s intended message.
Positing Infinity, everything is possible.
Jason is the resident astrologer at Lotus Wellness Center but he also provides reiki, access bars, tarot readings and sigil drawings. To contact Jason and make an appointment with him, contact us at 703-369-6762.
A Belated happy Friday the 13th everyone, this year you are going to need some luck dealing with the traditionally popular ‘bad luck’ day. I usually am not affected by this particular date and most times experience good luck on it, but this July 13th brought the entrance of another kind of ancient evil known dearly to those of us in the spiritual circles as the Mercury Retrograde. But chin up! This article is meant to inform you of the effects of the retrograde and also give you some tips on how to make the episode go a lot smoother.
I have come to experience Mercury Retrograde so intimately in my life over the past few years, I actually put the dates on my calendar so I can be aware of its always untimely presence! (fyi-next and last retrograde for 2012 occurs November 6th-26th so write it down!).
This current retrograde runs respectively from July 13th-August 8th 2012 and it is important to you for a number of reasons. It will affect your life, hopefully in small and trivial ways and not as dramatic as it has been in my life and for dear ones around me. If you can understand what is happening at this time, you can better prepare for it (even though preparation is a laugh at this time, you can do little things to make it smoother).
Mercury is the planet of communication and transportation so naturally when it goes retrograde (backwards) then anything it is associated with, will also go awry. Mercury is also not known as an “emotional” planet and usually rules logic and sense, intelligence and truth.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1) Miscommunication in relationships and experiencing the effects of not being able to communicate your thoughts and feelings clearly. People around you may seem to be giving off mixed signals or not fulfilling your desire for proper communication. Quarrels, setbacks and unhappiness will result in love relationships.
2) A time of past relationships and rehashing. Expect your exes to mysteriously appear in your life and cause an uproar in your emotions. Or if they do not show up in physical form or by phone, text, email and FB; expect them in your dreams or thoughts. You may start to wonder about ‘the one that got away’ and compare your current lover to past ones.
3) Problems with your transportation, most notably your car or air travel plans. I have also noticed problems with technology at this time, phones and computers ‘acting’ up. One mercury retrograde, I spent over $1100 repairing my vehicle and my ex-husband had the misfortune of having his car’s front end smashed in by a deer late one night (deer scampered away unharmed). My girlfriend lost the use of her television for practically the entire time of a previous retrograde! Talk about getting back to natural living. 🙂
4) Because Mercury is known as the planet of intelligence and education, when it is going in a backward motion, the non feeling qualities will be held back. This means you might be a bit more emotional than usual, and not use your head wisely in situations where logic and sense will usually prevail. Also because you are not thinking straight, you will be more prone to accidents, falls, spills and a whole load of mistakes and errors.
5) SPECIAl NOTE FOR GEMINIS AND VIRGOS: Your signs are ruled by Mercury so during this retrograde, we can look forward to hearing YOU air your dirty laundry, telling people how you really feel and complaining about the injustices done to you at this very special time. My boyfriend is Virgo so I can’t wait for this lovely event! 🙂
6) If you work in any industry associate with transportation and communication such as sales, writing, publishing, public relations, post offices, fedex, airlines, amtrak, buses, you will be especially vulnerable to the planet’s backward motion. Too bad you can’t take a vacation during the entire month! One of my good friends is a published author and I am thinking and wishing her a smooth ride this month! 😉
HOW TO COPE:
As much as this is a time of confusion, mayhem and disorder, there are several things to keep in mind to help make this transition a little more smooth and effortless:
1) Plan for extra time and use extra caution when traveling. Now is the time I would buy that travel insurance when taking a trip or arrive at the airport an hour earlier than I normally would to accommodate for traffic, accidents and delays. Though I don’t usually, now is the time I would also call ahead to check on my flight status before going to the airport for delays or cancellations.
2) Do NOT take things personally if your partner or love interest says something mean to you. If someone breaks up with you or picks a fight, wait it out. It is hard to tell if they are under the influence of this lovely season or if it is the real deal. Remember, people aren’t really thinking clearly and logically during this time.
3) Back up your computers and data and be more vigilant about electronics and their care. If something is to happen, break or fail, it will more than likely happen now during this time.
4) Learn to develop the art of patience. There will be countless delays, missed appointments, postponements and disappointments during this time so learn to roll with the punches. Try laughing it off and developing a good attitude about unscheduled changes.
5) Do not buy cars, plan trips or make solid career or relationship plans at this time. Because your usual logical self is not front and center, you may make decisions now that you will regret later.
6) Meditate, take long walks, breathe and center yourself. I tend to detach a lot more from social media, television and computers and get back to basics.
7) Relax and enjoy the ride! This is the time that I work less and play more. I do not stress out about work or clients, I do not reach out to friends and family socially and I definitely try not to make any travel plans. It is a time of just being for me, staying in the moment and being grateful for all the things that DO work in my life.
If we can all develop this attitude, not only during a Mercury Retrograde period, we would all be better off for it!
So good luck and keep smiling, you just have another 3 1/2 weeks more to go!
PS-write in and tell me how Mercury Retrograde has gotten the best of you. Let’s laugh it off together! 🙂